Monday, September 17, 2007

Italian Farro Soup

For our last day of cooking, my group prepared Vegetarian Italian Farro and White Bean Soup. Once again, the soup was quite simple to prepare and only required a few simple ingredients. We first heated olive oil in a large pot and then added onions, celery, rosemary and garlic. After the vegetables were soft, we added farro, whole white beans, bean puree, tomatoes and vegetable stock. We then let the soup sit for about a half hour and seasoned to perfection with salt and pepper. The soup was once again delicious and satsifying.

When I first heard we were making Italian soup I got quite excited because at my job at home they prepare an Italian Sausage Gumbo soup which is my absolute favorite. The soup at my work is alot spicier, and since I'm not a fan of spicy foods, I was very glad to find that this one did not have so much kick to it, but was still incredibly tasty. Also, they do not puree any part of the soup at my work, and I think they should for creamier texture and a thicker soup. I just might have to give them a call and suggest some of my class creations!

No comments: