Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Life, New Food

Well, as my hyperlink name will attest, I am an eater. I love food, I worked at a Delicatessan/Gelateria for 3 years in highschool, and I've never been labled a 'picky eater'. However, after stepping foot onto the Ave during my first night of college life, I have discovered that I am not a very sophisticated nor adventurous eater. I was walking with a few new friends on the Ave and we decided to go to a Thai restaurant. Many will call me crazy, but I've never even stepped foot in a Thai restaurant, let alone eaten in one. Although I was full from the sandwich I scarfed down after unpacking my life into a third of a dormroom, I was able to try a friend's curry chicken plate. I've had curried foods before, but never anything so original or authentic tasting. I was overwhelmed with flavors, and delightfully surprised. I do hope to explore new kinds of food, restaurants, and cultures just a few steps from my dorm room. There is a whole world of food outside of Danville, my little California bubble town, and I cannot wait for all that is to come!

No comments: